Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

doable things

So, I thought I would be able to get out of here today. Yesterday my ANC count was 337(!) and they were fairly confident that today I'd be over 500. But alas, my counts dipped overnight and we're back to under 250. Hopefully I will be able to go home tomorrow, but it's at least one more day in the box. I've packed up the room almost entirely, so it's a bit more like a cell now. But I'm keeping my head, because the end of (first round) captivity is near. And now at least I can uphold my one-David-Sedaris-book-per-hospital-visit rule.

To get psyched for my short vacation from the hospital, I've been working on a list of doable things.

go to Walden Pond
walk every day
get a massage
go to a show, preferably at least Mary Zimmerman's the Jungle Book
visit Portland and Tandem Coffee Roasters
dance my heart out at Murphy's
sip bourbon in the backyard
run around
eat a good deli pickle
barely look at my computer
go to deCordova museum
wear a dress
sleep outside
go to the farmer's market
clean and install my headboard
walk in the woods
coffee dates
sit at a fire
brunch with mimosas
see everyone
see the stars
hold hands
eat salad
find a carnival, ride a ride
eat a Marty's donut
go to a yard sale
picnic on the beach
a strong dark beer
touch the ocean
Todd Farm flea market
pancakes

not necessarily in that order, but that'd be fine too.

1 comment: