Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day -1: hXc

Today is the day of rest between getting chemo (all done! forever?! I hope so) and when I get the magic/stem cell transplant. I don't have an exact time yet for my new birthday (party!) tomorrow, we're still waiting to hear what time the cells fly in from Europe. Isn't that insane? Did you know that after this, my blood type will change (unless mystery man also happens to be A positive--who knows, it's possible) and ALSO, I will have y-chromosomes in my blood! I will now be able to get away with all sorts of high-profile crimes, because my blood traces will point to a man. GOODY. At least that's one thing I don't have to worry about now.

I'm sitting here in my room, drinking my coffee which is very affected taste-wise (gracias, chemo), but the ritual is not lost on me. I feel more energized than I have the past few days put together. I had a hard time sleeping last night so they gave me some druggies to calm me down, but I'm bouncing back with a force here, I can't sit still for too long...

Tomorrow, tomorrow, and tomorrow: Day 0.
A big day? Yep. and how we gonna celebrate, you ask?

Here's the Now on to Being a Badass playlist:

underoath "In Regards to Myself"
Defeater "Blood in My Veins"
Norma Jean "Memphis Will Be Laid to Waste"
Blind Guardian "Precious Jerusalem"
Life in Your Way "Reach the End"
mewithoutYou "Torches Together"

This will be playing for the 15-20 minutes it will take for the cells to enter my body, fists in the air.

I'm bringing it ALL back. BLOODxBROTHERS

headbang with me. TORCHES TOGETHER



and for those who are interested, my new address here at the hospital! 
Mail is so fun, and it gets me through.

Bekah Jordan
7B-33
Brigham and Women's Hospital 
75 Francis Street
Boston, MA 02115



6 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK BEKAH! Accept those new cells with love and they'll make you a new, comfy home :) And happy (early) new Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you soooo much!! Love your writing & your wit & your attitude.. Tomorrow is a new day. A new BIRTHDAY!!!!! I am soooooooo proud of you. You go girl! Prayers for you & the incredible man that donated his stem cells. Lots & lots of love coming coming to you from me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bekah,
      Happy new birthday wishes from the guy (George) that chatted with you at Tandem! Hope these new borrowed cells do their magic and you will soon be singing and dancing and drinking coffee. Blessings to you...

      Delete
  3. HAPPPYYY BIRTHDAY! Nothing like being born again... stem-cell-wise... you know what I mean?? Bring in the troops to do the dirty work, and may you get the rest and keep the courage that you need :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. European blood!? You should have dual citizenship. Those cells should thank you for being part of such an awesome person. GO BEKAH!!

    ReplyDelete