Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Novemer 9, 2016 pt.2

There is something heavy about today.
The atmosphere is moody, holding its breath;
afraid to let go because the unholy sound
might break the world.

The clouds are pregnant with water
ready to crack open and are
looming darkly with the crowning
of a new era, again and again and again and again

I am afraid. I am afraid for Decency
I am afraid for Compassion
I am afraid for Empathy
I am afraid for Forgiveness
I am afraid for Love

that they will be snuffed out
crushed under the the weight of hatred
drowned out by the chanting of warfare
trampled by the storming indifference
strangled by the weeds of anger
burned by the arson of otherness
buried by despondence.

How do we continue to seek Decency?
How do we enact Compassion?
How do we entreat Empathy
to be a part of a world that
so often exiles her?

Come back to us, Forgiveness.
Flow back over us, Love.
Let the clouds split open and pour
over us and wash our eyes
to see that

We need you, more than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment